Monday, February 13, 2012

Project Chosen

Hi,

Well, I think nearly all of the really good projects got culled. None of the remaining ones interested me as much. In the end, none of my top five were chosen.

I asked, 3/4-seriously, if I could just go solo on my own project, but I vaguely caught a "no" from Ackley's direction.

All things considered, it's good, I suppose, that I got my first choice of the remaining projects.

As I understand it, it will be a mostly web-based project. This will provide an opportunity to brush up on my web design skills (although my new website has helped with this already). In particular, I look forward to exercising my PHP-fu, and gaining experience with JavaScript (I hope it won't prove as disgustingly condescending as Java).

My CSS skills are also pretty pathetic. I've used it, but poorly. In my new site, I have one CSS sheet. It's actually a PHP file that's loaded as CSS.

Anyway, though I'm not . . . ecstatic about how everything turned out, I'm going to make the best of it.

Ian

No comments:

Post a Comment