Thursday, February 16, 2012

Getting Started

Hi,

So I met with the group in the common area at Centennial. I like my group members, and I look forward to getting to know some of them more closely.

I received a sort of mental runabout trying to figure out the project's architecture, but I think I have a (better) handle on it now.

Both the group leader and myself agree that it would be good to design the project, and then divide work. With luck, this will be done soon.

We are tentatively planning to meet this weekend, and I think it would behoove us to do so each weekend. Due to some limitations, ideally this could be done remotely, at least sometimes.

The project will have a surprisingly large coding component. Of course, in Java. Le sigh. At least there's a reason: the Google Web Toolkit, which will be an important part of making the project, is based on working with Java. Given how awesome it is, I . . . suppose . . . it will be worth it.

For now, I'm having trouble installing some specific Eclipse plugins requisite for the project.

The group leader should have something akin to SVN up tonight (or very soon, certainly).

Ian

No comments:

Post a Comment