Monday, February 20, 2012

GUI Design

Hi,

So I'm doing a lot of the GUI design, mostly because this is the only thing I can really latch onto in the project.

I met with Nialls, and we agreed on the general structure of the GUI. I will be writing a spike that demonstrates menu creation using GWT. This is pretty much the trial by fire for me with GWT, so we'll see how it goes.

I have given myself until Wednesday morning to write something rudimentary, because that is when our client meeting is; it would be awesome to have something cool to show. The finished spike will be completed by Saturday.

There are three areas of the GUI: the left, center, and right. On the left is a list of all the different things that can go on a website (menus, images, panels, etc.). You can drag and drop these elements into the center area, which shows how the website will look. You can select elements in this working area. If an element is thus selected, the right area will show options for that element (styles and other attributes).

The idea is to do this for the specific example of menus.

Ian

No comments:

Post a Comment